The general mandate of the University shall be in accordance with SEC. 2 of Republic Act No. 9718 as provided below:
Section 2. General Mandate. - The University shall primarily provide advanced education, higher technological, professional instruction and training in the fields of arts and sciences, education, agriculture, fishery, forestry, maritime education, information and communications technology, engineering, tourism and other related fields of study. It shall also undertake research and extension services, and provide progressive leadership in its areas of specialization.
- Advocate for the adoption of effective government practices for efficient government service delivery and prevention of graft and corruptions;
- Capacitate government agencies to reengineer its systems and procedures to reduce processing time and regulatory burden for the transacting public;
- Promote the implementation of simplified requirements and procedures that will reduce red tape and expedite business and non-business related transactions in the government;
- Provide assistance to the public in filing and investigating complaints against government agencies and/or officials for non-compliance to R.A.11032;
- Attend to all applicants or requesting parties who are within the premises of the office prior to the end of official working hours and during lunchbreak.
(The vision and mission statements of the University were approved per Board of Regents pursuant to Board Resolution No. 12, series of 2019)