TACLOBAN CITY - Biliran Province State University (BIPSU), in coordination with the Department of Budget and Management, through its Institutional Planning Office (IPO), conducted an In-house Training on Public Financial Management (PFM) last 19-21 October.
Top management officials, including the University President, Vice-President, and key personnel from the Finance, Accounting, Cashier, and Procurement teams from the Naval and Biliran campuses, participated in the activity. Hon. Vennie Coton, Faculty Regent, and Hon. Jesus Sta. Iglesia, Student Regent, also joined the event representing the Head of Procuring Entity (HoPE).
The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Ocho team discussed the different concepts, mechanisms, and strategies on budgeting, procurement, and accomplishment of targets and reports through the presentation of Regional Director Imelda C. Laceras; Assistant Regional Director Aleli N. Hernandez; Chief Budget and Management Specialists Ms. Juvy A. Lobedica and Ms. Florita M. Lacdo-o; and Senior Budget and Management specialist Ms. Solie T. Dosado on the following PFM concepts:
- Budgeting in Government 101: Budgeting for SUCs;
- Conduct of Agency Performance Review for Cash Management: BUR Monitoring;
- Budgetary Guidelines and Issuances;
- PFM Accountability Mechanism: Procurement and Disbursements;
- PFM Concepts
- Elements of PFM
- PFM Objectives
- Procurement Planning and its Correlation to Budget Approval Level
- PIP/TRIP Linkage to Budgets
- Procurement/Budgetary Reforms and Mechanisms
- Technical Specifications Writing
- Project Cost Determination
The event served as a platform for the university to improve its public service delivery and strengthen transparency, accountability, and financial efficiency through the lens of PFM.